News feed EAU on male LUTS
The EAU editorial board has selected five recent articles to keep you up to date on all the developments in the field of male LUTS. Topics include MRI-guided transurethral ultrasound ablation to relieve LUTS and a randomised controlled trial comparing thulium laser transurethral vaporesection to transurethral resection of the prostate. Plus, a free webinar provides helpful tips on the medical and surgical management of BPO!
The articles selected by the EAU editorial board:
• Thulium laser transurethral vaporesection of the prostate versus transurethral resection of the prostate for men with lower urinary tract symptoms or urinary retention (UNBLOCS): a randomised controlled trial
Hashim Hashim et al.
• Relief of lower urinary tract symptoms after MRI-Guided Transurethral Ultrasound Ablation (TULSA) for localized prostate cancer: subgroup analyses in patients with concurrent cancer and benign prostatic hyperplasia
Dean Elterman et al.
• National trends in the use of PSA, urinalysis, and digital rectal exam for evaluation of lower urinary tract symptoms in men
James Doolin et al.
• Diagnostic assessment of lower urinary tract symptoms in men considering prostate surgery: A noninferiority randomised controlled trial of urodynamics in 26 hospitals
Marcus J. Drake et al.
• Efficacy and safety of mirabegron versus placebo add-on therapy in men with overactive bladder symptoms receiving tamsulosin for underlying benign prostatic hyperplasia: a randomized, phase 4 study (PLUS)
Steven A Kaplan et al.